Central-Point
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Central-Point

A friendly place for Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual and Transgendered people to meet other like minded people.. All ages welcome but please read terms and conditions and code of conduct

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How does myn letter look to Brighton city council

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeon
Admin
Zeon

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-01-13

How does myn letter look to Brighton city council Empty
PostSubject: How does myn letter look to Brighton city council   How does myn letter look to Brighton city council EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 4:19 pm

Whats everyones view on dogs banning from beach???

Hello,
As a dog owner myself of two small dogs i oppose the new by-laws that are being introduced into the City of Brighton. I disagree on one section in your city news February edition which states

Dogs will be banned from childrens play areas some school grounds small history city centre square cemeteries and all beaches between april and september...

I am writing with reference to the beaches...Is brighton and hove city council trying to drive our tourism out of the city??? We have got loads of beaches to choose from right the way from Shoreham through to Rottingdean.. Now along this stretch the dog friendly ones were placed from Brighton pier through to Brighton marina which is only a small area for dogs to enjoy the life that we enjoy.. I feel that it is highly selfish that the council feels dogs should be banned from beaches.. Brighton is one of a few if not the only place in the south east that has dog friendly beaches and people would rather desert Brighton than their dogs.. I myself class myself as a responsible dog owner and I know also that a new law is coming into affect whereby Parking attendants are going to be referred to as Civial enforcement officers which are going to be fining people for not picking up dog mess.. Maybe Brighton and hove would like to start a new area within the coucil to getting a team of dedicated staff to patrol the beaches checking that people with dogs have got them under control and also are cleaning up behind them. It is not fair to ban the lot of us from the beach because of the small minority... For those in the public who complain about dogs on the beaches well the simple solution is... Find another beach..
As a race of humans we were not put here to dominate the planet and take away the rights of other living creatures.. Its plain selfish and not fair i was reall happy when i learnt that we had dog friendly beaches and notified all my friends and family about this as they wanted to come to a place where animals which are referred to as family can come and enjoy the lifestyle within Brighton.. Also Brighton has got a very high lesbian and gay community and for people like us who have no intention of having children our pet dogs are like our children and through not permitting them onto a beach means your in affect taking away our rights to have family outings.. How would the council workers feel if we instead had

NO CHILDREN ON THE BEACH FROM 1ST APRIL - 30TH SEPTEMBER Offenders will be prosecuted Maximum fine £2000 ???

I beleive there would be a massive riot in your hands with referance to this as people would then class you as being discriminative towards children.. I find the same thing is applying to dogs.. In this country and our culture our dogs are our family they are what put smiles on peoples faces when on outings.. If people want to not be near dogs then tell them not to sit between the pier and the marina... I have been born and bought up in Brighton for 23 years and the better our city gets the more prouder I am to call myself a resident... Taking away something like this will be something that will make me less proud of our city...

Yes children play areas to be banned from thats understandable and so is schools... Dogs dont usually like children as the children always touch a dog instead of the responsible parent reminding the children to ask before they touch... Small historic city centre squares and cemeteries... Since when did a dog vandalise something that was ment to be remembered??? Its the youth of today that cause this not the dogs so re consider these for responsible dog owners and have wardens partol these areas to fine people or make citizens arrest on those who do to co operate with the by laws of this city...

Now i end this email in hope that dog beaches are not taken away by the selfish minds of others who dont want to walk 200 yards the other side of the pier to be out of dog beaches...

Kind regards
Back to top Go down
https://central-point.forumotion.com
greyhoundgal
Beginners LUCK
Beginners LUCK
greyhoundgal

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: How does myn letter look to Brighton city council   How does myn letter look to Brighton city council EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 5:52 am

I take my dog to the beach all the time, I would be lost without that facility, it is the only place that I can let him run free, he is a typical Dalmatian and doesnt have much sense at all let alone any road sense so the beach is my best option for him.

I am proud to say that I am a good dog owner, I clean up after him, and even when my daughter and her friends take the smaller dogs down to the beach they have to clean up after them too.

I hope that the council changes their mind zeon, it would be awful if the dogs were banned completely from the beach.

I can see their point in banning dogs from childrens play areas and schools, I would never take my dog there in the first place, but I also have a problem with them banning dogs from cemeteries aswel. There is an old woman who lives near us and she visits the cemetery every week, just so that she can sit and be near her husband, she takes her dog with her, not only for company but also for safety, I hate to think what would happen to her if she wasnt allowed to take her dog with her. I'm sure she cant be the only person like that.
Back to top Go down
Zeon
Admin
Zeon

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: How does myn letter look to Brighton city council   How does myn letter look to Brighton city council EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:21 am

Helloo there,
I know half the city has rebelled against these new dog laws and it has been in the press non stop you see the council here change their mind like no tomorrow which is a sad state of affairs to do.. If they did ban them i would still take my dog and chance it and everytime just say i didnt know... Well id risk it as far as i could before they caught me. I know i took my dog into a park where dogs werent allowed and this seemed to work well.. The council dont want the extra work so i think thats why they are so laid back about several things... What about homeless peope who may want to sleep on the beach in the summer i mean everyone has that right surely??
Has the council where you are gone mad about stupid things??? I have learnt in life it is only us as humans which make arrogance seem true... I know if i was a dog stuck to a lead id be pissed off thats why i try to allow my babies to run as free as they can its a good way that they actually learn thing or two in my book... Oh by way im back from leicester and it was a enjoyable weekend on some parts other times stressful lol

kindregards]

zeon
Back to top Go down
https://central-point.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does myn letter look to Brighton city council   How does myn letter look to Brighton city council Empty

Back to top Go down

How does myn letter look to Brighton city council
Page 1 of 1